Property type: Affordable Rental Senior Age 62+ Housing
Sanderson Place Senior Housing is a new senior affordable housing development located in the heart of Sunderland, MA at 120 N Main Street. The project consists of thirty-three (33) affordable apartments; a mix of 30 one-bedroom and 3 two-bedroom units.
Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority manages the development. All 33 units are visit-able by persons using wheelchairs. The rooms in each residential unit are designed to accommodate a wheelchair turning radius and all bathrooms are fully accessible and include roll-in/walk-in showers. Three of the units are fully accessible and equipped with roll-under kitchen counters, a roll-under sink, and a wall oven. Click below for the full informational flyer and the Sanderson Place information session recording.
- All homes are visitable by persons using wheelchairs
- Accessible bathrooms with roll-in / walk-in showers
- Three fully accessible units, two are sensory adapted
- Heat, hot water, AC, and electric included in rent
- Community room with lounge and dining area
- Outdoor deck with expansive views
- Fully equipped fitness center
- On-site laundry & locked mailboxes
- Secured building access & security cameras
- Intercom with video screen
- Ample on-site parking, two EV charging stations
Average size 610 square feet
Average size – 810 square feet
Eligibility for all units is limited to households with at least one household member at or over the age of 62. Homes are affordable for households earning up to 30%, 50%, and 60% Area Median Income (AMI).
In order to qualify your combined household income must not exceed:
|Household Size||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People|
***other requirements may apply***
Download an application for the lottery below or pick up an application at these locations:
- Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority offices, 241 Millers Falls Road, Turners Falls, MA 01376
- Sunderland Town Hall, 12 School Street, Sunderland, MA 01375
- Sunderland Public Library, 20 School Street, Sunderland, MA 01375
- South County Senior Center, 67 North Main Street, South Deerfield, MA 01373
Applications are due (timestamped or postmarked) by Wednesday June 29, 2022 at 5:00 PM.
Applications can be mailed or hand-delivered to: Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority, 241 Millers Falls Road, Turners Falls, MA 01376
Lottery date: Wednesday July 20, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
Your complete application will be reviewed for entry into the lottery. You will receive notification of the results of the review, as well as information on the date and time of the lottery, although you do not need to be present at the lottery. If your application is eligible, you will be entered into the lottery and ranked on a list based on lottery drawing results. If your application is reviewed and determined ineligible, you will be given notice and an opportunity to appeal the determination.
For more details on process and procedure or for specific program details, please contact Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority at 413-863-9781.
Discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, national origin and/or public assistance recipiency, or any other basis prohibited by law is specifically prohibited in the selection of applicants for this housing opportunity.